Our fin range
1. What is the difference between DaFiN and Kicks fins?We manufacture two brands of swim fins:
DaFiN – DaFiN is the most powerful yet comfortable fin in the water today. DaFiN delivers high performance in the heaviest surf conditions for lifeguards and bodysurfers while being agile enough to give any user a level of safety in the ocean.
Kicks – Kicks fins are a versatile user friendly fin designed for fun in the ocean whether bodyboarding, swimming, snorkeling, or just playing in the surf. Kicks fins were designed by legendary Hawaii bodyboarder Aka Lyman by modifying the DaFiN design to a rounded blade with sloping side rails that is perfect for the drop–knee style of bodyboarding.
2. Where is DaFiN and Kicks manufactured?
Both DaFiN and Kicks are manufactured in Malaysia. The factory specializes in the production of swim fins for many different brands and is the largest manufacturer of swim fins in the country.
3. What is DaFiN and Kicks made of?
Our fins are made of high grade all natural Malaysian rubber. Malaysia produces 70% of the world’s supply of natural rubber and the factory has direct access to the highest grade natural rubber available.
4. Is there a difference in the stiffness of DaFiN depending on the color?
The durometer (hardness) specification for DaFiN is the same for all colors. The manufacturing process is closely monitored with a tolerance of +/- 5% in the hardness specification, which is not generally noticeable to the user. The solid Black fins tend to feel slightly stiffer while lighter colors tend to feel less stiff. However, it is the design of DaFiN and not the stiffness of the blade that gives DaFiN its power.
5. Swim fin care and maintenance?
The factory uses a special silicone solution for cleaning the fins prior to packaging. If the fins feel too slippery right out of the box, before using rinse them under a faucet with cold water while wiping off the excess silicone solution with your hands. Let the fins air dry. This will reduce the amount of silicone solution on the fins. Do not use a towel or sponge to either wipe of dry the fins.Our fins will last for several years if properly maintained. · Always rinse your fins thoroughly in fresh water after each use and allow to air dry in a shaded area. ·
Store in a cool dry place away from direct sunlight.
· Do not leave fins exposed in the sun for extended periods of time, for example, in the back of an open truck or in your car exposed to the sun through the window.
· Do not use ArmorAll or any other chemical cleaner on your fins, in particular any petroleum based product.
· You may clean your fins from time to time to restore the color using a petroleum free silicone spray and a soft rag.